Hello, I’m Mashhood. I’m a software engineer and a community leader.
Currently, I am leading the engineering team at Sastaticket.pk, the largest travel platform in Pakistan.
Previously I was the founder and technical lead at Recurship, a boutique development studio for startups.
I am also a Google Developer Expert for Web and Angular.
When Im not working, you will find me working on my fitness - currently cycling, running and swimming as time permits. Hoping to become a tri-athelete in the coming years.
I have recently joined ADPList as a mentor. You may book a session with me from here.
You can find me at:
Latest from my podcast
- Should you join a startup today?
With startups going bust left right and center, high inflation and a global recession - are startups still the right choice to be at? In this episode I talk about the difference between the companies treating engineering teams as a profit center vs a cost center, to show why startup engineering teams as usually a better choice even if there is a slightly higher risk being there.
- How good is your company's Engineering Culture?
In this episode I break down a good engineering culture using two different culture tests from the web. We take a deep dive into the technical side of the culture first, followed by the work and management culture. How does your company score - what is the one thing you would change in your company to make it a better experience?
What am I thinking about...
- A problem with using software consultancies in startupsOutsourcing your tech work might not be the best solution?
- A Core Part of Continuous DeliveryEven the best teams can make mistakes, so what should we do?
- Managing Innovation and Maintenance DevelopmentBoth are important, but having the right balance is important is the teams involved.
Most recent (featured) talks
- Understanding Technical Interviews
Major Hacking League, Online -
- React 101
Turing Communities, Online -
- Exploring Data at Sastaticket.pk [Video]
Karachi.AI Guest Speaker, Karachi -
- Optimizing Core Web Vitals for Angular Apps [Video]
Global Angular Conference, Online -
Recently read / reviewed books
- Surrounded by Idiots
- An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management
- Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility
- Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
Archived blog posts
- Creating a self contained gem installation
- Installing Ruby Gems without 'sudo'
- Getting battery related information in Cocoa (OSX) development
- iOS: Distributing your Simulator Build file