Hello, I’m Mashhood. I’m a software engineer and a community leader.
Currently, I am leading the engineering team at Sastaticket.pk, the largest travel platform in Pakistan.
I am also helping Taleemabad, the largest edu-tech in Pakistan, scale their products to thouands of schools and millions of children.
Taleemabad is on a mission to bring quality education to public schools and low free private schools - where most of Pakistani students are studying. You can learn more about their story here.
Previously I was the founder and technical lead at Recurship, a boutique development studio for startups.
I am also a Google Developer Expert for Web and Angular.
I enjoy reading books and educating my local community using blog posts, my podcast and talks at community events.
When Im not working, you will find me working on my fitness - currently cycling, running and swimming as time permits. Hoping to become a tri-athelete in the coming years.
I have recently joined ADPList as a mentor. You may request a session with me from here.
You can find me at:
Latest from my podcast
- EngineeringLeadershipPakistan - Lamak Qaizar @ Bazaar Tech
I had a great chat with Lamak, who works at one of the startups in Karachi called Bazaar Tech. We discussed several interesting topics including team structures, full stack development, performance reviews and more! Thanks Lamak for taking time out for this episode of EngineeringLeadershipPakistan.
- EngineeringLeadershipPakistan - Asadullah Bin Yousuf @ Airlift
I had a great chat with Asadullah about his time in Airlift where he was an engineering manager leading a specific team. We talked about several management related topics, from the values at Airlift, life there as an engineering leader, performance management, hiring, engineering productivity and more!
You can also watch this on the KarachiWalaDeveloper Youtube channel.
- EngineeringLeadershipPakistan - Hunain Kapadia @ SmartBenefits
This is the first episode of the all new series where I will be interviewing Engineering Leaders in Pakistan. We will be talking about leadership topics like CTO roles, hiring, performance reviews, feedback and more. In this episode we have Hunain Kapadia from Smart Benefits sharing about this experience building the some awesome tools in the insurance space.
What am I thinking about...
- Why Consultancies Lack OwnershipWorking with a consultancy will get you access to talent and experience - but how you use it really depends on the quality of output you get.
- On Management.Most people think management is about "getting work done" - however for good managers that is never the focus, that is the result of good management.
- Adobe has agreed to acquire Figma.Probably one of the bigger acquisitions for this decade, and an interesting one since Figma had been a direct competitor to Adobes tools.
Most recent (featured) talks
- Optimizing Core Web Vitals for your WordPress website [Video]
Bangkok, Thailand -
- Webinar: Remote vs in-office: Managing the transition in a post covid world [Video]
- Workshop: Digital Tools for Techpreneurs
Lincoln Corner Karachi -
- Workshop: How do apps read your mind?
+92Disrupt, Karachi -
- Panel (moderator): Dont miss your stop: Using Tech in Tourism! [Video]
+92Disrupt, Islamabad -
- Understanding Technical Interviews
Major Hacking League, Online -
Recently read / reviewed books
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
- The Unicorn Project
- Surrounded by Idiots
- An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management
- Powerful: Building a Culture of Freedom and Responsibility
Archived blog posts
- Creating a self contained gem installation
- Installing Ruby Gems without 'sudo'
- Getting battery related information in Cocoa (OSX) development
- iOS: Distributing your Simulator Build file